December 3, 2014

dear santa, i can explain

dear santa,
you may have heard some conflicting testimony about my behavior this year. before you begin to pass judgement, please let me explain. this year has been a big one for me. i mean, i got a baby brother- that's no easy task. i hate to tattle on him because he's my bro and all, but he's a big stealer. he steals my attention, he steals my toys, he steals my mommy's kisses, and worst of all, he steals the spotlight. what is a former-only child supposed to do? and i know how some situations might have looked from an outsider's perspective. no, i did not push porter down for stealing my special lego creation. he was so amazed at the beauty of it all that he fell down to get a better look at my masterpiece. i didn't bite him on the arm for no good reason- he bit himself. it's not my fault his teeth like to play groundhog's day on me. i have had some really great moments, in case you missed those. i throw away all the poo-poo and pee-pee problems around the house, i let brother share a bath with me every night and will often make him giggle with glee, and i always have a massive bear hug to share with him. i am no angel, but it's rough being a big brother. i think i do pretty ok. 

so please send me the peter pan toy and peter pan legos. pronto.

love,
landon

1 comment:

KinderTeach said...

Hey LJ don't worry about Santa. He is a pretty forgiving guy. Plus, he knows how hard it is to be a big brother. Younger siblings can be the worst! I have 3 younger siblings already and than your mom came along and ruined it for all of them as well. I'll make sure that Santa knows to get you Peter Pan stuff. Although, I've never heard of Peter Pan legos so you may be up a creek there. Love you kiddo