August 26, 2012

i make dollars out of senses

my mom, a pinterestaholic, found some fancy new toys for me to try out since we've been confined in our home due to car troubles. she bought me some fun magnetic letters, some sponges i'm gonna built with but most importantly, she made me a sensory box!
<say what?>
a sensory box!

basically a box full of different textures and toys that are fun to me to play and learn with! i wanted something awesome like beans or dyed rice or rocks [my favorite- i'm always stuffing rocks in my cheeks when we go outside but mom is too good at watching me] but i got oatmeal. just oatmeal. despite this hardship, i've still been having such a great time!

she threw in some things like a whisk, cup, spoon, plastic pieces, easter eggs and other random junk- its the best i've been having so much fun the past few days- often climbing on it when it's put away or trying to use my teeth to pry the top open. one day, i shall prevail.

and the oatmeals not too bad tasting....

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

That is a really good idea.

KinderTeach said...

Kindergarten students still love this. Although I hide numbers and letters